Piecemaker Quilters has an ongoing history of helping others as the need arises. Charitable activities are suggested by and chaired by members. It is not a mandatory requirement of joining this guild. If members want to take part in the active, they do so on their own. Some of our charitable activities have included:
- Toiletry bags and pillowcases were made for residents of a local women's shelter.
- Bereavement blankets for babies, who become angels, to be taken home in. Some were given to Southern Tier Hospice, who distributed them to local hospitals.
- Bunting liners - flannel liners for premature babies - given to the Arnot NICU.
- Over 150 "walker caddies" were completed and distributed to area hospitals.
- Over 300 lap quilts have been pieced, batted, backed, and quilted. These are donated to the Bath VA Hospital veterans upon their 85th birthday.
- Sunshine & Joy kits of child-size quilts have been made up and distributed for construction. They were gratefully received by children in need.
- Quilt Pink, a national breast cancer association (Susan G. Komen for the Cure), is another recipient of our quilts.
- Quilts of Valor have been made for our soldiers who have been wounded in Iraq or Afghanistan.
- Friendship Quilts are made for members undergoing a difficult time in their lives.
- Loving Hearts are for newborns of the community. Approximately 35" x 42" with a heart incorporated in the design, these can be sewn, crocheted, or knitted.
- Dec 2015 to Present: Huge donation of personal items were taken the Bath VA to be wrapped and given to those who needed them.
- Dec 2015 to Present: About 30 lap quilts were donated to Loving Hearts to be given to family of domestic violence.
Donations of fabric, batting, thread, etc. are always welcome for these activities. Just get in touch with us.